Foodie

Alexa Blaise Chandler, News Editor

Located on 5400 South, just off of 22nd West, Wasatch Pizza sits. A small, locally owned business with only two locations, Wasatch Pizza is a delicious, gourmet pizza joint, adored by the surrounding community and its repeat customers.

Wasatch has a fairly expansive menu, including not only pizza toppings, but pasta, wings and salads as well. And while it is a little more expensive than your average pizza place, at about $13 a pizza, the never-ending choices of fresh toppings and customizable pizzas certainly makes up for the cost.

With four different kinds of pizza choices – build your own, traditional, vegetarian and designer – there is something for everyone. And for those who can’t eat gluten, their gluten-free crust, for $2 extra, is one of the bests in the surrounding area.   

Beyond just their gluten-free crust, all of their recipes are home-procured. With a marinara that is to die for and crust that is the perfect balance between thick and thin, their pizzas are filling and flavorful. Loaded with vegetables, meats and cheese, there is still a decent stability between toppings and crust.

Perhaps the only downside to their pizza is the slight greasy taste it has. And while common of most pizzas, with certain pies at Wasatch, it can be a little overwhelming. This is not, however, a trait amongst all of them.

While sliding into a booth, the owners are constantly greeting people as they walk in, often recognizing them and already prepping their pie for the oven.

And while Wasatch has always been a slightly dinky, hole-in-the-wall type of restaurant, they are currently under remodel, hoping to encapsulate a homey, classically modern pizza place, and already achieving that feel with the work that has already been accomplished.

All in all, it is a fairly modest price for the quality of pizza you would be purchasing, and who doesn’t love supporting your local businesses? Moreover, with its close proximity to the school and their ability to sell by the slice, it makes it the perfect place to stop for lunch. And, if you are looking for a job, Wasatch Pizza is looking for employees to help bolster their delicious pizza joint.