Not only Netflix

Callé Hansen, Opinion Editor

School is stressful, and there are very few things that are more cathargic than sitting down with a good snack and binge watching your favorite show. Another pro about TV is its ability to assist you in procrastination. Procrastination, the talent each kid has deep inside them is developed more with the aid of hours of their favorite shows. And with the many different sites, there are endless amounts of TV to be watched.

Netflix is the most widely known streaming service with over 100 million users. Netflix is a huge staple in high school culture. Even though it is blocked on Granite School District’s wireless network, students download shows and watch them during their free time in class. It has become the center of slang such as “Netflix and chill,” or just hanging out, and watching shows with friends on a Friday night. Netflix’s standard package costs $8.99, providing regular definition, and the all beloved ad-free watching.  Their premium package costs $13.99 a month, which includes high definition, ad-free watching, and allows for viewers to watch on four screens at a time.

Hulu is getting more and more popular. It offers a different kind of streaming. Hulu allows for the opportunity to watch new shows as soon as they come out. It is a live streaming service that includes shows anywhere from your beloved dramas, and sitcoms, to live sports (depending on your package). There are two different packages that are available to all customers: Hulu, and Hulu Live TV. Hulu costs $6 but includes ads. If you want to get rid of the ads, you can pay an extra $4. Hulu is great because of its variety of shows. It has episodes of shows that came out the night before like Supergirl, to oldies, but still goodies such as 30 Rock.

Spotify has teamed up with Hulu, and SHOWTIME to help de-stress college students, offering a joint deal of Spotify Premium, and Hulu for only $5 a month. Even if you are just taking a concurrent enrollment class, you can still apply.

SHOWTIME is a channel-style streaming service similar to cable. Subscription to SHOWTIME allows for an ad-free binging time, with unique, and exciting shows for $11 a month. They have options from dramas to sports, to documentaries.

Amazon Prime is not just a shopping site that includes free two-day shipping, it is also lesser known streaming service. It has a $119 annual fee and a $12.99 monthly fee. They also have a video only subscription option for $9 a month.

Amazon Prime is a great marriage of shopaholics and binge watchers. Not all the shows and movies on Prime are free, but it offers an option to rent popular movies such as Infinity War, or Black Panther. You may also watch other shows such as Doctor Who, Bones, and House. They also have a lot of originals that are worth watching for no extra cost. Amazon Prime has some older tv shows blended in with the contemporary, allowing throwbacks that make your heart warm inside.

Starz is a lesser-known streaming website. It costs $9 a month and has newer movies such as Jumanji, and Spiderman: Homecoming. Starz is a channel-style streaming service that has different movies going on at different times, but lots of different shows to watch at any given time.