Taylorsville High Girls Basketball Seniors

Caidence Openshaw

Taylorsville Girls Basketball team playing a home game

Belle R. LeDuc, Editor

Over the past years, basketball has made itself a cornerstone of American Culture: just like our girls team here at Taylorsville. They practice nearly every day to represent our high schools all over the state. With only a few months left of their last season, we look back on these seniors’ contributions to the team and wish them good luck with their future endeavors.

Tagisaina Malil has been playing basketball since she was little and especially loved playing it with her dad. Basketball was how she connected with her dad all those years ago. Malil’s professional basketball career started back in 7th grade at Eisenhower Jr. and she has been playing at Taylorsville for all 3 years of her enrollment. One thing she has enjoyed most is connecting with her teammates. To Malil, her teammates have made her seasons so much better. Being on the team has taught her valuable lessons of commitment and the importance of having fun. After high school, Malil wants to go into business or finance.

Makenna Wareham has been playing basketball for as long as she can remember. She has been playing for Taylorsville for the past 3 years, but this past year has been her favorite. Wareham especially enjoyed playing with her team this year and they have made the sport much more fun for her. Basketball has taught her life skills such as good sportsmanship, responsibility, and time management. Wareham will leave her basketball days in the past once she graduates and will instead focus on nursing.

Ella Huntington remembers playing basketball ever since 5th grade. She has always been the sporty type, therefore her dad wanted to try playing basketball. It was her way of spending time with her dad and now it is a way she enjoys spending her time. For the past 3 years, she’s played for Taylorsville but there has always been one game that stood out to her. Huntington remembers a recent game where she was able to drop 30 points in a single game. She remembers learning how to play as a team, specifically how to win and how to lose as a team. Huntington understands that as hard as anyone tries if the rest of the team doesn’t want it, it won’t happen.

Hannah Richins started playing basketball for Taylorsville in 10th grade. Her dad recommended the sport to her and she stayed for the environment. The memories and the friendships she’s made have kept her in the sport. Richins is particularly proud of her defensive abilities in the game and takes pride in how she’s improved over the years. Being on the team has taught her leadership, teamwork, and the importance of time management. Balancing personal time, school work, and basketball has been a struggle, but Richins has worked through it. After Highschool Richins will go to college to study pre-med and will keep playing basketball in her free time.